This recipe is versatile in that if you don't have an ingredient on hand, sub it with something else you like...vegetables make great salads :) Also, I don't measure when I make this, I just eye the amount that seems right for me. Depending on the amount you want to make, you can likely do the same.
Here's the list of ingredients I usually use to make a fairly large bowl of broccoli salad- large enough to feed as a main dish with a side of protein for a family of 5 or 6.
- Cleaned broccoli florets, broken into small bite-sized pieces (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 onion grated
- generous sprinkle of real bacon bits
- 1 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, chopped (optional)
- homemade olive oil mayonnaise (about 1/3 cup)
- sprinkle of apple cider vinegar (about 1 TBSP)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix together in large bowl and serve with a side of grilled chicken breasts or salmon as a complete meal.