Sugar is extremely bad for your health.
Check out the 143 Reasons Sugar Ruins Your Health, by Nancy Appleton, Ph D.
Here are the first 9:
1. Sugar can suppress your immune system.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
3. Sugar can cause juvenile delinquency in children.
4. Sugar eaten during pregnancy and lactation can influence muscle
force production in offspring, which can affect an individual’s ability to exercise.
5. Sugar in soda, when consumed by children, results in the children
drinking less milk.
6. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses and return them to fasting levels slower in oral contraceptive users.
7. Sugar can increase reactive oxygen species (ROS), which can damage
cells and tissues.
8. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, inability to concentrate and crankiness in children.
9. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
Click here to read the 134 more left from 143 Reasons Sugar Ruins Your Health,
You may think twice about eating that cookie or candy again. (I hope!) Sugar devastates so many lives and that of our children in this nation, please educate yourself on the DANGERS of sugar.
If you haven't seen this video by Dr. Lustig, Sugar: The Bitter Truth, please watch it! Dr. Lustig is a UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology. In this video he explores the damage caused by sugary foods.
Need more convincing? Really? Check out these articles about sugar from Natural News.com.
There are just tons of books, movies, and articles on the damaging effects of sugar and your health. These are only a few of them. More sugar dangers will come in future posts, you can rest assured, as I HATE what sugar does to your body and especially the bodies of children, not to mention the brain addictions it causes too.