Try this yummy recipe if you have the time to go all out in this treat:
Yield: 3 quarts
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup ORGANIC-GMO FREE popping corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
2. The corn kernels will begin to pop within a minute or two. Once the popping slows to an almost stop, remove the pot from the heat.
3. Transfer the popcorn to a large serving bowl and drizzle with melted butter, tossing well to combine. Add more butter or salt, if preferred.
Variations: can add 1t. crushed red pepper, 1/2 t. garlic powder, 1/2 t. paprika, 1/4 t. onion powder, and 1/4 t. thyme, few sprinkles of hot sauce to the melted butter, or try just a sprinkle of cayenne powder for a nice kick, even fresh grated parmesan cheese adds a great flavor too
The short version of our favorite way to pop it is this:
Air pop the popcorn into a large bowl and spray with coconut oil spray or MCT oil (using a mister) all the while sprinkling sea salt over the hot popcorn.
This is what I use to spray oil on air popped popcorn or to grease a pan/dish. I also use (for popcorn only not for high heat) MCT oil added to a Misto Oil Sprayer (air pump)...works great!